If you are an independent businessman looking to spread your business further, you must take recourse to the internet. Marketing has evolved over the years and the virtual market has become much popular among people with the increasing use of technology. The fast and efficient buying procedure has attracted the young generation as well. For this, extending your business online is a necessity.
But the question remains—how to do do it? What servers to use? What about the complications of the funding business (this you will know if you have already launched your website through a shared server)? Using a shared server can be low cost, but this might not be suitable for your business once you start to attract a seriously considerable number of customers to your website. A lot of servers are available—shared, Linux, and others, but you should seriously consider using a toegewijd (dedicated) server. This might not be actually cheap, but many a company offers you their services at a discounted price, which might just seem affordable once you realize the facilities you would be getting with these servers plus the discount.
What is a bare-metal dedicated server?
There are two kinds of servers if you consider their ways of working, that is functionality. These are:
• The first type is almost a kind of virtual server (they are the cheapest) that divides its resources among numerous people, and thus the bandwidth you get is shared with your peers. The unlimited bandwidth that they promise is unmetered and is not the “real” bandwidth, that should be kept in mind.
• A baremetal dedicated server is one that is dediziert (dedicated) only to you, so the bandwidth you get is the total bandwidth that it has to offer. Your website would never slow down if you use this server, because you are not sharing the service with anyone else. These servers have hourly or monthly rates, which have to be paid.
Some information and tips
Since this is your personal server you must have total control over the server you are using. So, before knowing what to make sure, there is some information for you:
• The server that you order is stored in a specialized hall by the outsourcing company that you are hiring, that are experts in this matter. It is best to hire a company unless you are an IT firm.But you should not trust them blindly and make proper research on them before choosing a particular company.
• These halls where the servers are located are called data centers. These are special rooms that house these large, voluminous servers. These halls must be spacious enough and have good air conditioning. This must be made sure because the host server would be taking up a lot of loads and thus it is natural for it to get heated up. But this is dangerous. Heating would cause the system to become slow. Now consider a hypothetical situation. Your customers are making great use of the great sale you have put up for their benefit and you have advertised well so there is a lot of response. People are buying at a good rate, but suddenly your Web hosting slows down, and there are certain customers who get stuck up at the payment gateway while buying their items. There are chances that they might refresh the page and so they may pay twice. This would cause a lot of trouble and leave you to incur the greatest loss—the loss of reputation.
• You can trust the web hosting services in the data centers based in Netherlands because they are absolutely excellent web hosts, providing superfast dedicated servers according to your needs.
• The data center housed in Netherlands should have the capacity to control the humidity factor that causes moisture to settle on the machinery. This can be dangerous too, so good care must be taken that they have a good humidity controlling facilities.
• You should get the full advantage while using a dedicated server host, so you should know what the advantages are. In a virtual account, there are a lot of troubles regarding the funds. The voucher system works very slow and can be very inconvenient while the traffic to your website is great. With a dedicated hosting Netherlands, you have more control to yourself as you can contact the customer support 24/7. This is another aspect that you should always watch out for. without a good customer service, data centers are just dumb rooms full of cables and large machines.
• Another aspect that can be considered the most important factor that should be made sure that the data centers offer. The data centers should have a uniform power source that would help them provide you a good level of consistency in power supply that you will essentially need to run your website. Power loss would render the website disfunctional, and customers will be in confusion. Also, sudden and abrupt power snaps can cause harm to the hardware of the server and that would be a severe loss for you.
• The web host should be well maintained and should be able to prove reliable to you, because the more time you will lose in fixing any problem, you will lose money, because customers would be discouraged to buy from your site. So you should make sure that the datacenter is quite aware about how to handle webhost related problems. They should either have inverters make use of the sustainable sources of energy such as solar power as a back up for the emergency if there is a power cut. In any case, you should not be at the receiving end of the perils of power cut.
• You should go for the 100TB servers because they provide excellent webhost service. This is because, due to the huge space they offer you can easily put up large files such as videos concerning how to use your site and informing the customer about the different functions that they canmake use of to their advantage. The visual techniques have become very popular nowadays when it comes to promoting a product. These videos can be further promoted on the vast space of the social media, so that you get that extra mileage. The 100 TB servers are the best for this purpose because since you are having a dedicated web hosting service, you are getting this all to yourself and this would be a great convenience for your probable customer because your website will load faster on their device and the videos would be easily watched as well.
The different types of servers
There are two different types of servers depending on whether you would trust the third party with managing and maintaining your dedicated server hosting, or if you prefer to do it yourself. The managed hosts are the ones where you do outsourcing and let the experts manage the server for you. It is a bit more expensive, so you should have absolute trust on them. Or else, you can choose to maintain your server yourself, and you have a lot of freedom and control in this case. You can control the quality of the hardware while maintaining your server, and take care of the other precautions as well.